Mama Dip's Oven Barbecue Chicken
Oven Barbecue Chicken is an easy and delicious way to add flavor and excitement to your dinner table. The sweet and tangy flavor of Mama Dip's Original Barbecue sauce creates this oven-baked barbecue chicken that will have your family begging for more. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be made in the oven in just a few simple steps, so you don't have to worry about having to fire up the outdoor grill. So, if you're looking for a quick and easy way to make a mouthwatering meal, Oven Barbecue Chicken is sure to please! Mama Dip's Barbecue Chicken is a great way to spice up your dinner routine and add some barbecue flavor to your life!
- Complete your meal and serve with two side dishes. Mama Dip's oven Barbecue Chicken is delicious, served with rice, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and salad. - A tossed salad, or coleslaw, will go great with this dish.
- If you want to turn up the heat, add a 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper to the sauce.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Mama Dip's Original barbecue sauce
- For the brine, combine the water, salt, and ice cubes into a 2-gallon-sized re-sealable plastic bag or a large bowl. Add the chicken, close the bag or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour or overnight to allow the salt to penetrate the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the brine from the chicken.
- Arrange the piece's skin side up in a 9x13-inch baking dish and cover it with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and pour off any liquid.
- Baste chicken with 1 cup of Mama Dip's Original Barbecue Sauce, return to the oven uncovered, and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is done 165°, basing every 10 minutes with the remaining sauce.